Friday, July 8, 2011

Persuasive Essay Final Draft

Throughout my short time here at San Pasqual Academy I have learned how important it is to work out and take care of my body. Exercise and a well balance meal are always preached to us. Water and healthy snacks are always provided for us. This essay will give a persuasive opinion on the benefits of working out and also try to understand why many students don’t make effort to do more.
I wanted to talk about exercising and how working out can help you in many ways. I have been working out for the last three months almost every day and I have improved my body a lot. I workout three days a week and have football training for cardio. According to Nurse Frank working out every other day helps a heart grow strong and healthy. He also said that if you work out and take care of your body your mind becomes stronger too. A lot of people say that the food at SPA is bad for you and not healthy I think it’s all in portions and if you exercise you should burn the calories off.
Another issue is laziness. Coach Serrano always push’s people to work out and train for football. He opens the gym at six in the morning everyday for kids can go in there to work out. He has played college football and says he can help get us into physical shape to play at the next level. Coach says 3-4 days a week with 45 minutes each workout can change your life. But not many people show up. I always hear people come it with excuses on why not to go “I stayed up late”, it’s way too early”, “and I work out later”. It’s a life change not a chore Coach says, that’s why many people don’t show up.
Lastly I feel exercise is important and people should start learning how to exercise would be the increasing of your life span. One study found that the average 65-year-old can expect an additional 12.7 years of healthy life –- meaning he will live disability-free until age 77.7. Highly active 65-years-olds, however, have an additional 5.7 years of healthy life expectancy –- they will remain disability free until age 83.4 (lifelong fitness). Plus you feel good and confident to go after girls. It also goes both ways women who workout and feel confident also can feel better about themselves but many settle for laziness.
So again I just want to persuade my classmate’s to start working out and start doing some kind of exercise to improve their health and body. I know I can do better myself at working out but I have started a workout out program and I feel great. I think anyone who wants to start exercising should write down the days they want to exercise and workout those days no matter what. Follow a schedule and write down your workouts to see your progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment